Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hunger

Someone I love and respect once told me that only the poor can truly feel hunger:  I must now inform you this is not true.  It is my first day of attempting the Ramadan fast; and surrounded by the sights and sounds and smells of the souk; with 4 and a half hours to go, I know hunger:  Hunger is the feeling of wanting food and not being able to eat it:  And I remain amazed my host family has been doing this every day; and without water:  Such devotion is inspiring no matter what religion you are:
After four days of orientation; Im online.  But still struggling zwith the Moroccan keyboard, so apologies for errors.  Its beautiful here; and my host family is wonderful, alkthough rather quiet:  This could be from not eating: I will be posting pictures on Monday when I can use my computer, but wanted to let everyone know Im fine.  Also, I have a phone, so skype me:  Its 0611865351.  Just remember the time difference.

Thats all for now, as Im off to go convince my little brother that just because Im a redhead doesnt mean he should be scared of me.  Wish me luck and I love and miss you all.

Love always,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I hate having to convince non-gingers that being a ginger is not as scary as one might think. There are not many redheads in Spain, but I do not feel too out of place.

    ReplyDelete