Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to China!!!!

Hey y'all!
Thanks so much for sticking with me if you're still reading this.  I have arrived safely in China, and my VPN (which lets me get on here) is up and working!  So expect blog posts this semester- with pictures!  And I currently even have internet in my room- how cool is that?

So the last time I blogged I was in Morocco.  Which means I've been to Spain, France, the US, and now to China between this time!  Yikes!  I could tell you stories about eating at Cien Monteditos in Madrid, stopping in a plaza to switch shoes in Sevilla, or sneaking into museums in Paris...which were all awesome.  But instead I'd rather write about something more important...like home.


Home is a strange word.  It can be a place, a feeling, or even a person.  And I realized, as I was boarding my plane to Raleigh, that I'm not sure it exists.  And I'm trying to figure out where that is.  So I'll keep you updated when I do figure it out, and as I try to decide that this semester.  So far I don't think it's China, but I'll keep you updated.

But China is awesome.  I live in the Shaoyuan foreign students building, in a two room triple.  I share a room with Angela, who goes to Boston College.  Annie, who goes to GWU, is the other part of our triple, although as she arrived first and is sick she arrived early.  We have a lovely bathroom with a western toilet, which I greatly appreciate, as most toilets in China are "turkish."  Also, I seem to be living the college student dream...we have daily maid service in which they make our beds, give us hot water for tea, and clean our bathroom.  It sounds like a dream, but in reality it just seems silly, wasteful, and intrusive.  I hope I'll get used to it eventually.

Thanks for listening for now y'all!  I promise to have more pictures and exciting stories soon!  For now I just appreciate all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment