Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hong Kong- Or How to Escape a Typhoon Without Really Trying



Today I have arrived back in Taichung, which is surprising in and of itself.  Wednesday night I finished teaching at 6:30 and headed downstairs to a "barbecue."  However, I was a little misinformed about said bbq- namely that we would actually be barbecuing our own food!  Yikes!  But after some help getting the grill set up, we... not really, a Taiwanese family.... took over and made our personal bbq a huge success!
Note the tin foil in front?  That's our barbecue...and we are obviously super focused on it...
Also, I think that the Kirk or FPC Greenwood should start making barbecues a DIY event.  It's pretty amazing to witness.  
Thursday afternoon my flatmate Leighnae and I headed to the Taichung Airport with our backpacks for a quick weekend trip to Hong Kong.  We flew in style on Hong Kong Airlines... where they served us a meal on our hour and a half flight!
You mad, Delta???
We arrived in BEAUTIFUL Hong Kong and proceeded to our lovely hotel, Rosedale on Park.  It had a fantastic view of the Hong Kong Skyline...and of course the moon.


Happy Moon Festival Y'all!
Hong Kong had plenty of culinary delights to offer...
Fun Fact: Taichung does NOT have Diet Coke.  But Hong Kong does!

The pumpkin muffin ALMOST makes up for Starbucks in Asia not having Pumpkin drinks.:(
From "Cheers Restaurant"...where they don't have napkins.  True Story.  But the food is so good it doesn't matter.


As well as some beautiful views...

The view of gorgeous Hong Kong from the Peak

Someday I will write a story about this building.  I will call it the Inn on the Peak.  You should all read it.
Great museums...
Y'all... Hong Kong wants to take it waaaay back.

Also they have double decker buses.  This confuses my students, because their textbook wants them to think these only exist in London.  But we know better.
Oh yeah, and then there's the shopping...
My Hong Kong purchases... two pairs of shoes, a book for my students, a purse, and some (not pictured) gifts.
If you're curious, Hong Kong also features great things like foot massages, eyebrow waxing (hey, it's not easy to find in Taichung), a Cartier on every corner.  

So now that I am safely back in Taichung and hoping my now precious HK is not being lashed too badly by Usagi, I will already begin to plan my next trip.  I may be going back to HK in December...and if I am...
"It's a Small World After All..."



































No comments:

Post a Comment