Hey y’all!
Sorry for the long time no write thing. It was a crazy week (midterms week, I guess, so what do you expect?) But really, I had some papers to write and Arabic to study (I had my midterm today, but it was pretty easy so I’m not very worried.)
Life in Rabat is rather unexciting as usual. I did some shopping (more to come when I find out if I have a summer job) and got some scarves (someone’s getting a Christmas present!) and am getting a mini-djellaba (kinda like a jedi robe, except mine is green wool with yellow embroidery.) made. It’s kinda fun to go buy the fabric, then go to the tailor and have them take your measurements to get your clothes made. Plus, it’s a little cheaper than buying it on the street.
On Saturday I also went over to a friend’s with the hopes of watching Sex & the City 2. However, we were told it was subtitled in English when it was really in Norwegian (team Eric!!! I know, True blood to the rescue!) so instead we just watched a bunch of youtube videos. Thankfully sneezing panda is funny in any language.
On Sunday I went with some friends to a soccer game (Rabat-Tunisia) and it was pretty fun. There was cheering and yelling and stomping- all the normal sports event fun that I have missed being in Morocco (and going to Vassar for that matter.) And we were also apparently on Al-Jazeera, according to my Arabic professor (who brought in another person to tell us because we didn’t believe him.) So next time you’re watching Al-Jazeera sports, keep a look out for me! (or if you go to Vassar, Anna or Eli!)
This week is pretty relaxed for me, just a lot of movies to watch for an upcoming film class. I’m hoping to not spend quite as much money this week (shopping was a bad choice) and just spend lots of time skyping all you lovely people on October break or off enjoying the State Fair. I’ll be on skype just about every day this week in my afternoon (your morning/early afternoon) so talk to me! I’ve set up skype dates with some of you but really want to finally catch up with people, especially since craziness will likely ensue after this week which may or may not last till December. So skype me!
I’ll probably get in another post before this coming week, but here’s an update on what I’m up to. Next week is our southern excursion, so prepare for rave reviews on camel-riding in the Sahara (I know, my life is awesome!) and the hustlers of Marrakesh. Then, before I even have time to breathe (literally, I have to run from our group lunch and not take the bus) I have to go to Casablanca for a meeting for my ISP. But this is super exciting because I’m going to figure out exactly where I’m going, what my living situation will be, and what exactly I’ll be studying. Yeah! Then I have a visit from my wonderful twin Jennifer, so if you read my blog prepare for their intersection! But I’m sure craziness will again happen, and I’ll be off to Casablanca the next weekend with Jennifer to see some tourist stuff and have delicious food.
After that I have a week of writing my proposal, studying for my Arabic final, and then off to ISP time in the South (of Morocco, that is.) I make no guarantees for what I’ll be up to for two weeks there, but hopefully I’ll know more after my meeting next Friday. After that I’ll be spending a week somewhere delightful writing my ISP (I would tell you where but… I’ll just say two blogs may intersect again!) and then back to Rabat for a final week of presentations. Other than that I’m going to be busy attempting to get a Chinese visa and preparing for fun times in Madrid and Paris. It’s just weird to think that I’m past the halfway point of this program now. Especially since the last 4 weeks are independent. Weird!
Anyway, I’ve rambled on far too much, but I love y’all and miss y’all and fail at posting pictures (sorry, the internet here is very weak!) But you are all amazing, wonderful, people, and even the most beautiful Moroccan landscape couldn’t match the beauty of your smiles. So skype me so I can see them, y’all hear??? Talk to you soon, I hope!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment